viernes, 17 de mayo de 2013

Improved version of I am a writer

               Oh yes, I am a writer! I love writing, expressing what I think and feel, especially when I have been through a circumstance, I have the necessity of expressing how could I manage the situation. it is very difficult for me not to be allowed to say what I think. From my point of view, everyone needs to express their feelings, my way of telling things sometimes is Writing.

            Many times some peopleprefer to hide their feelings and decisions because they think that maybe others can attack them, but personally I am completely  sure that if you do not say what you feel or think (of course in a good way) , you will probably feel miserable then.  There also others who need to be aggressive when they have to comment something, so for me, writing is an execellent way of expressing our ideas. Indeed, the fact that you write and read very often, makes you improve your vocabulary, the way yu speak and getting new words in your own speech.


             According to my new experience, when I was a child, i always had a kind of diary in which I write all the things that happened to me, including the good things and the bad ones. There, I felt strong; nobody could say nothing to me because that was my owns space where I was free to write what I want to. Writing was a hobby that I did through my my years as a child. It was something I did sometimes but never really said I did seriously because when you are highly insecure child, seriousness can be costly.  It can be costly to your ego, mostly. it can be costly to hear that you are not as great as you think you are in your head. It is easier to live in your head and with that ego that you could be a writer only if you took it seriously. Perhaps if I had continued writing, I would be known today. Who knows? When I was at school, I aleays participated actively in different contests, sometimes  I did not win but that was not a problem for me, the fact that I was able to show what I do, made me feel happy and recognized.
 

         On the other hand, we can also talk about what is happening nowadays with children, adolescents and even adults. They are losing the capacity of writing, as they use their computers and therefore they prefer sending an e-mail than writing in a sheet of paper. The problem is not to use the computer rather than a sheet of paper, but as they do not practise writing, they probably do not remember how to write a letter for example. Many of my students do not remember how to write a letter in Spanish, so imagine what happen in English. Who does not want to receive a letter from your kids or partner? It is a good idea for instance to exchange letters from one school to another. It is a good exercise. Writing is very important in our lives. It makes you more competitive and also helps you to develop your ability to express things. Perhaps you can ask what can I write?  Well, one of the common examples of everyday life may be for instance, if you have to say something nice or tell someone some bad news, you can write a gentle letter and express what you think and  know, thus you do what you have to without being rude.
              
                I am a writer, I write because words live on me and inside of me. I write because the fragmented thoughts that live with me must come out of me to make sense. I write because I have to, I write because I want to. I write because I am a human who feels too much, I write to feel more. I write because I am a writer.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario